Progressive Web App acronym to PWA, provides techniques to provide a native app-like experience with a hassle. The ”Add to Home screen and ”Save Offline” are action buttons you see in your web browser while surfing a web application is what progressive web app development is. It provides a progressive enhancement which performs caching, sync and push notifications like a native app but requires less space in the storage.
We have native apps which we can download from any app store on our device, but users do not download every single app for their small and rare need. Instead, they rely on website access. Those websites sometimes don’t work, or network is too slow which results in too much time to load on web browsers. If the users get this kind of issues, they immediately switch to the next option available. But a progressive web app development can eliminate these by providing a native app like experience to users. Despite its benefits for web applications development and mobile applications development, this technology is yet to be fully accepted by various browsers as well by mass.
Features Of A PWA Compared To Native App:
Following are the features a PWA has of the native app:
· Push Notifications
· Full-screen display on every device
· Offline working, means without any internet
· Splash screen support which gives more of the feel of a native app
Following are the features of a native app which are yet to be available in PWA:
· Highly restrictive access to different hardware
· Restrictions to Alarms of the device
· Phone-books access is also restricted
· System setting modification is not possible
Future Ahead For Progressive Web Apps:
1. Consumer app weakness: As the time pass by people is not installing occasional mobile apps and instead focusing on the web browser-based web app, this increases the chances for progressive mobile apps. Consumers who are loyal only install the apps and who are occasional buyers for retails and others are likely to buy from the website.
2. App user experience to mobile websites: Developers in a rush deploy PWA without careful consideration of offline user experience on existing web apps. The UX of a website or a web application should be different and tested for possible bugs or glitches. The test should be regarding gesture and touch sensitivity of the web app with and without an internet connection.
3. Mobile designs functionality: PWA provides a mobile app like designs which can be replaced with poor quality mobile apps floating on app stores unnoticed. The mobile app also requires marketing efforts, but sometimes it fails due to occasional use requirement by users. This time is when PWA can play a significant role to reduce cost and efforts at the same time for a web-based business.
To replace mobile apps or native apps, a simple evaluation can be done. It can reveal if you should go to hire a progressive web app developer, is taking inventory of mobile app to determine which can be reproduced including the specific requirements.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa